Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Muk-Rut!!!




Sorry Amy, but your nickname is now exposed to all the blogging world! You will always be Muk-Rut to me. Even though I have no idea where that name actually came from??? mom, do you know??
As a little tribute to Amy on her special day, I thought I would list a few of my favorite memories with my little sis.

In the really early days....

1. You always wanted to sleep with me.
2. You sucked your thumb and it was always green and wrinkly, but you said it just tasted so good, you couldn't give it up.
3. Sometimes you would wet the bed and I would blowdry the sheets for you so mom wouldn't get mad (sorry mom, but you were a little uptight in those days! :)
4. You saw me get mad at mom once and give her a little finger gesture....(I can't believe I did that!!) and you copied me innocently only to have mom turn around and see YOU...and you got in trouble. sorry about that one!
5. Your two favorite toys were your black motorcycle and your green incredible hulk doll!
6. Even though you were only about 2 feet tall and weighed about 15 pounds....you would boss the entire family around and even tell us what to wear!

In your teen years....

1. You were a bridesmaid at my wedding
2. You got a boyfriend named Kelly
3. You cried when he left on a mission
4. You lived in a Tuff Shed behind Lane and I's duplex
5. You were Alex's favorite babysitter
6. We discovered "Dollar Days" together and laughed our heads off on the way home talking about ALL the things we bought for $1.00!!! (why was that funny???)
7. We tried to be "RockStars" together!

In your adult years....

1. You cried when Kelly came home from his mission
2. You were a beautiful bride a few months later
3. You turned an old trailer look into a darling newlywed palace!
4. You were still my kids' favorite babysitter
5. You became a mother yourself
6. You became one of my best friends
7. You came to visit me in Georgia when I thought I was actually dying from homesickness
8. THat whole week, we hung out at the pool, and sang to Cheryl Crow's "Soak up the Sun."
9. I never cried so hard in my life as I did when you left me in Georgia!!
10. I moved to AZ and you came to visit me
11. We traumatized Taylor and Mariah by skinny dipping in my pool with them!! (sorry Taylor, I just had to let that secret out!)
12. We laughed our heads off that night too....did you pee in the pool??
13. We have had some great late night feet picking parties
14. We almost wet our pants getting our eyebrows threaded...we laughed so hard!

oh Amy, we have laughed and cried so much together over the years! THese are just a few of my memories, but I have many more. Some that are too embarrassing to blog about.
THank you for being not only my sister, but also one of my very best friends. THank you for loving me and for loving my kids so much. You have such a unique ability to truly love other people. You are my example of charity. I love you so much and am so proud of the person that you are.
I wish I was there to celebrate your day with you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Tara- I am laughing and crying! thank you so...much. We have had some FUN memories haven't we. I love you so much. You are a wonderful sister. I think I DID pee in the pool!

Kristen said...

what a cute post Tara! Amy's pretty special, huh?

Brooke said...

That was a fun post to read. Kristen talks about you all so much, I feel like I know your whole family! Happy birthday Amy

Anonymous said...

How did I ever get such wonderful kids?!!!! Tara I am so glad someone in the family has a memory.