Sunday, February 17, 2008

Abe The Babe turns 12!






Well,another birthday post to do....Abram turned 12 today! So hard to believe. For as stubborn as he can be and for as much as i get frustrated with him....I have to say that the thing I love the very most about Abe is that he is so appreciative and thankful for every little thing. He can't say enough thank you's for any gift or act of service done for him.
For example, our Valentine tradition is that I always make a nice dinner for the family and I set the table really pretty and festive and have a small gift for everyone on their dinner plates. You wonder how much it really means and if it is worth all the effort. Late on Valentine's night, as I was making the rounds tucking kids into bed, I came into Abe's room and he was just finishing up writing in his journal. He let me read his entry. He took up two whole pages describing our dinner and every single thing that we ate..even the color of the kool-aid, exactly what was in the salad, and that he thought the chocolate cake was the moistest ever! He described how the table was set and explained that we had red "charger" plates under the white china ones. It was so funny and so sweet! I really love that about him. He has hugged me a hundred times today and told me that this has been the best day ever, even though it was fairly ordinary. Tomorrow I am taking him and 4 of his buddies bowling. Should be fun.
He is turning out to be a great young man. He was ordained a deacon today. It was a really special experience for him and for all of us.

I love you Abe!

6 comments:

Brenna said...

Sweet post Tara! Abe is such a sweet kid. He sounds a lot like my Jake. I love that he let you read his journal entry and it made your day. Those moments are treasures!

Kristen said...

okay i am loser..never called him on his b-day..nor did i call alex. i am starting off on the wrong foot this year. i will call him today. i love abe-the-babe!

Amy said...

That is so funny, I was going to do a post on him titled "Abe the Babe" But I could not find a picture. How sad is that. I will always have a special spot in my heart for Abe. I love that kid. Why don't you send him to see me! He and I talked about that on the phone the other night. I love you Abe, Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Okay, you hardly ever post new posts that often and the week you do is when you post all those nice things about me and I only get to look at then for ONE day! Whats up with that. I guess I have to share with Abe....He is worth it.:)

Amy said...

Okay, you hardly ever post new posts that often and the week you do is when you post all those nice things about me and I only get to look at then for ONE day! Whats up with that. I guess I have to share with Abe....He is worth it.:)

Tara said...

what's up with 3 of the same comments Amy??? oops???
Hey, I saw you on Oprah today!! And I heard you laughing when the lady won the trip!
About the post...I know, I was bummed that I had to do a new one so soon. BUt you know you can always scroll down and read all those nice things again!