Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, the second half of my birthday was much better than the first half. I don't know what my problem was this morning, but I woke up very sad and couldn't manage to pull myself out of it until about 5pm! I managed to take a shower and then go to the all exciting Wally world to pick up some Miracle Whip. (can you tell I thought hard for a reson to escape??)Lane and the kids finally convinced me to go with them out to dinner.....that is all but my eldest hunk, who is too busy working out at the gym these days to give his family the honor of his presence! I guess it is a natural thing that happens in life.....but still a little hard when mom isn't top dog anymore. Kind of hard to see your kids grow up, but I guess that kind of stuff happens when you are 39!! I can't even believe I am that old. I guess I have one more good year in me.
Like I said, Lane and my 4 children who love me, took me to one of my favorite restaurants, "The Elephant Bar". It was very yummy and fun to be with my family. We tried to take a cute pic to post on my blog but the darn battery died in the camera, so you will just have to imagine me and my children all sitting quietly and being very well mannered as we ate. NOT!! Abe and Emma were acting a bit crazy tonight, but no one kicked us out so I guess it was ok.
Well, my day started off sad because I have been missing my family so much lately! And my best friend has been out of town for a week! (thanks Becky!) I guess that means I am blessed to have people to miss so much. My sisters both said very nice happy birthday things to me on their blogs...made me cry....and Becky called me and let me cry to her for an hour. What are friends for huh?
I am so excited go home to Utah next month and hang out with my mom and brothers and sisters who are the GREATEST! I love you and can't wait to see you.
I am sure that this year will end up being wonderful, just like the last 38 years have been. I guess we have to have a bad day now and then to help us really appreciate the good ones.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad that the day ended up being good! I was worried. I love you!

Kristen said...

i agree with your comment about "bad days!" I swear they are to keep me humble and make me want to try harder. Especially when I have those "down on myself" days. I am always grateful they don't last but grateful that they make me feel motivated to improve myself! Not that you need improving or anything because you are pretty much perfect in my eyes! I love you!

Amanda said...

You look wonderful!