Monday, June 16, 2008

Torn Fan



Lane and I took Abram to his first major league game last Friday night....it was so much fun! Especially to see the look on his face when we got into the stadium! It was priceless!! Something about the look of a freshly groomed baseball field, with players in clean uniforms and the national anthem being sung with fireworks going off...it is just like an emotional experience. But then, I pretty much cry at everything...so maybe it isn't that way for everyone.
I have to admit I was a little bit torn though, because the Diamond Backs were playing the KC Royals and since that is where I was born....and grew up watching the Royals (even went to a couple games) I was a little torn about who to cheer for. THere wasn't a whole lot of cheering going on since there were no runs at all until the 10th inning! Then the D Backs finally landed a homerun. IT was a fun way to end the game.
THis picture was sent to me by someone who knew us that lives in Utah but happened to be at the game as well and caught us on the screen. Pretty cool huh??

4 comments:

Kristen said...

that is so cool. i like how you said "someone we know in utah" that was clever. sad that that's what she has become now, huh?
i enjoyed talking to you today..it's been awhile..too long.
love ya!

Brenna said...

That's awesome. I LOVE going to baseball games. SO many memories as a kid. Except we were Angels fans. Hey thanks for letting me cry my eyes out over the YW stuff tonight. I appreciate your advice so much. I am sure everything will be fine.
~Christine

Brooke said...

How cool that they caught you on the big screen! You must be sisters, because Kristen cries easily too! I agree about the baseball experience. Its so American, its almost patriotic. We went to a game at Fenway, I think it was a religios experience for my husband.

Mariah said...

That is the coolest pic of you guys on the screen! I miss you tons! love you