Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nana's visit



had to post a pic of Emma in her dance recital costume ( she was too nervous to come out on stage but she sure looked cute!)



It was a fun week having my mom here visiting. We were pretty much completely lazy...sleeping in every day and floating around in the pool until the late afternoon. We watched a few good movies that she had never seen (or at least can't remember ever seeing) and we even got in just a little shopping. Nana managed to talk my kids into giving her a good foot rub or two as well. We did go up to Scottsdale one night to see Shawn since he was here on business. (see April's blog for pics of that night)
The older I get, the more I love and appreciate and admire my sweet mom. She is so good to all of us and so fun to have around. We had many many good laughs, thanks to Lora...so funny that I can't even blog about it. Like my mom always says...they broke the mold when Lora was created! She had us in stitches many times!

Well, it is time to get back into somewhat of a routine...like cooking dinner. I have been in party mode with her here. Thanks for the visit mom...I love you tons!!

ps. I have to add a little update on Alex. He is doing great and loving college life! Of course I have already sent 2 care pkgs. (shhhh...don't tell Lane) Alex's one tip for new college freshmen is this: "Don't wash new blue towels with ANYTHING else!" He said it looked like a SMURF exploded in the dryer!!

3 comments:

Alex Martinsen said...

She was too nervous to come out!? HAHAHAHA

I am laughing out loud in my apartment. Oh man. I have the cutest family. Being far away makes me never want to take you guys for granted.

Kristen said...

sounds like it was a great trip. i was so jealous! mom is lots of fun, huh? emma looks ADORABLE! I called the other day and she answered..I said "what are you doing?" she said "oh just walking around my room." it was so funny! (especially considering the size of her room)

Shiela Campbell said...

In spite of sunburn and the worst cold sore ever it was a wonderful time with my Az. kids. I Laughed so much I was sore when I got home (Maybe it was the Pilates) Tara you are an awesome mom and so patient and so selfless and so beautiful. The older you get the prettier you get!. Enjoy this quiet week and do somethings for yourself like READ!!!!!!!!!!!!! (smile)
Thank you for your love and forgiveness and for always making my time there restful and so much fun!!!