Friday, September 21, 2007

Never thought I'd love a dog!!


Maybe I am desperate as to what to blog about, but my little pooch has not been feeling good for a couple days and so he has been getting extra TLC from me. I have never been a dog lover, but this little guy has a soft spot with me. We have had him for almost a year, which is a record long time for a pet of any sort in this house! His name is Higley and he is a mini pekingnese. Whenever any one meets him for the first time, my 8 year old Lora is quick to point out that his nose is smashed, but nothing is wrong with him, that is just the way he came! He has been a great dog for us. Very mellow and low maintenance. I realized that I had become a true "dog mom" when I put him in the shower with me yesterday! He needed a bath and I thought he had a fever, so.....anyway, I am really justifying myself huh? Is that just plain wierd???


Well, I am headed to "Time out for Women" tonight with a group of friends. I will blog about that when I return. Have a great weekend everyone!!
p.s. I tried to shrink the picture and it squished his face a little wierd....I don't know how to fix it! Great, now he really does look deformed!!! oh well.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Shower with the dog!!!ok that is weird.You wil LOVE TOFW. Take lots of notes. Call me when you get home.Love ya! Take lots of kleenex too.

Anonymous said...

i hope you have a fun time! i have never been before. higley is super cute. i would never have thought you would shower with him though. so funny! lora has been at our house this evening and she is cracking me up! talk to ya later.
christine

Kristen said...

was he really sick? did you take him to the vet? did he really have a fever or was that just your excuse to shower with him?!

he is actually quite cute but he kinda stunk when i was there.

Tara said...

ok, in my defense....it was actually much easier to bathe him in the shower , since it is a pain to lean over the tub and then I actually end up wet myself. So, I might just make a regular habit of it! I think he just had a bug or something. He seems fine now.

Kristen said...

cute blog! where did you find your paper? did amy help you? it took me like 10 hrs to find any cute halloween patterns.

Brooke said...

That's a good idea to wash the dog while you're in the shower. I know what you mean about having to lean over the tub and you get all wet! I feel the same about my dog. We have had a love hate relationship over the years. She can make me so mad! (She loves to steal food out of kid's hands.) But when she is injured or doesn't feel well it sure worries me and pulls my heart strings!

Tara said...

yes, I hire a professional blog decorator. Sorry, I can't share my secrets!