Saturday, September 8, 2007

ahhhh....Homecoming




Well, I can't even believe it, but my baby boy is now a Senior in High School and went to his last fall Homecoming dance tonight! sniff...sniff....I used to think just "old people" said stuff like, "where did the time go??" but I am sure saying it these days! It doesn't seem real that kids grow up so fast.


Alex looked so handsome and his date Catelyn was darling. (was I ever that tiny???) They started their day at 6am going wakeboarding on a nearby lake. A man in our ward was nice enough to take them. Then they went back to Alex's date's house where her mom made breakfast for the group. They watched a movie...or tried to anyway, because they all fell asleep. Then Alex came home and had a longer nap and a shower and off they went. They ate at a friend's house for dinner to save money, Lane let Alex take the truck, which Alex was very happy about! and then I think they were going Cosmic Bowling. And all the fun ends at midnight sharp!! How is that for a LONG FABULOUS DATE.


Well, I feel lucky that Alex has a great group of friends and I know they are all good kids. I feel really blessed that my highschoolers don't give me any major problems. When I look at what some other families are going through...I will take a son that can't remember to hang up his wet towel ANY DAY!!


Well, Lane and I had an exciting date out to TGIF (food was terrible by the way) and then to Wal-mart to buy some supplies for the office. I am sure Alex had a much more romantic time than we did! How does that happen???


Well, we did manage to hold hands and flirt across the table. We had homecoming groups all around us in the restaurant (sorry for the girls whose date chose TGIF) and we were doing a little reminiscing.....still in love after 19 years.....sorry to be cheesey :)
oh...and by the way...I DIDN'T have dessert! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute post tara. so glad your teens don't give you any grief. i am sure i will be coming to you in the future for advice. sorry about the food at tgifridays. i am usually not a big fan either. alex and his date look adorable. what a fun all day date. talk to ya soon, christine

Amy said...

Hello, Alex is so....cute! I remember holding him as a baby and him staying up late at night will us ALL the time and standing on the couch with his habds in a fist and gritting his teeth so hard that he would shake.....sniff sniff! I am home from a great weekend (well one night)from Time out for Women. You will have to read my blog. Love ya!

Kristen said...

what a cutie! i seriously say "where does time go?" all the time. i think you hit a certain point in your life where the time starts to fly by faster. you are lucky that he is such a "good" boy--i can only hope for the same!

Brooke said...

TGIF isn't very good is it. How funny! Scott and I always think its funny when we see a dance couple at some mediocre restuarant! Poor girl is right. I would take the home cooked meal any day. Your son is so cute! And if that was your backyard, I am jealous! It looks beautiful!