Monday, March 31, 2008

Vegetable Message?


I always think it is a good thing that I didn't have all boys because I am not a great scout mom. Oh sure, Alex got his Eagle when he was 14, but that wasn't because of me! This seems like a really lame complaint, but getting them ready to go out the door to their scout camps..is just not my favorite thing in the world...you know, scrambling to help them fit all their gear into a small backpack and cramming a million treats in there with it and then yes, making the TIN FOIL DINNERS! I admit, I don't like packing school lunches either. I always try to talk them into grabbing a pizza on the way up, but my boys have convinced me that nothing tastes better than a tin foil dinner made by mom.
So, last weekend, I was busy doing things around the house and realized that I needed to make 3 dinners (Lane, Alex and Abe)....I was murmuring.....
Well, the first potato that I pulled out of the bag was this one.
Need I say more??

5 comments:

Brenna said...

AWWW! So you had a change of HEART???? LOL
~Christine

Kristen said...

that is too funny. you should sell that on ebay or something. i am lucky that way because alan does all the work for those things. i guess it's the redneck in him!

Brooke said...

I agree with you! I also despise packing lunches (I haven't had the opportunity to pack scout lunches yet). That potato is one of a kind! Kristen is right. You could make some money on that potato!

Taylor said...

To answer your question he gets us target gift cards every year! this year it helped me pay for my new ipod so i was really loving him!:]

5 boys said...

I can't believe you pulled that potato out. Way to be smart & take a picture of it. Great way to make you happier about tin foil dinners. I have lots of those to look forward to in the future & I agree, I am not a scout mom. Oh well, I will do my best. Glad you invited me to your blog. You are awesome!!