Sunday, October 7, 2007

General Conference

I figured you were all getting tired of looking at that "butt" so I better write a new post! Well, I am sure we all agree that Gen. Conference is just the best weekend of the year! IT is so fun to lounge around and snuggle and eat and play games in between and just be together as a family. We always get new coloring books...even my big kids want them! Our conference food tradition is that I make chili and scones. We have been doing that ever since the kids were little and it has become a fun thing. Abe always gets to be my helper actually making the scones. We have a big breakfast too and then snacks set out all day, so pretty much we all need to fast tomorrow!
For today's sessions (Sunday) we had a non-member girl with us that is friends with Alex and Mariah. She is 16. Such a great girl, and she totally soaked up every word of conference. The spirit was very strong. It is amazing how much more you get out of it when you are listening through the ears of someone hearing it for the first time.
I feel so re-motivated to be better in every way. I am so thankful to be a member of this church and have the knowledge that we do.
I love my family so much....especially my sisters who I miss terribly! I hope you all had a great weekend as well.
Hey it was even a little tiny bit chilly this morning when we woke up! yeah!! I was jealous all day of the snow that Utah was getting though!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I loved this weekend too! I also make chili& scones. It was yummy..Conference just makes you want a fresh start huh? It always makes me really homesick though..I love you!

Kristen said...

okay now i thought the chili and scones was MY IDEA! JK I know we totally copied you Tara but you should feel flattered!

Brooke said...

I love the idea of chili and scones. I might have to steal that. I loved conference too. It would be so interesting to watch it with a non-member (one who hasn't heard it before).

Amy said...

Time to update your blog!

Amy said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.