Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Sweet 16 Year Old




Mariah turned 16 a couple months back but has her first official DATE coming up on Sept. 26th for the Homecoming Dance! I don't know who is more excited....her or ME! Her date is a doll and came by the house last week when Mariah wasn't here to leave a bunch of bananas, balloons and a poster on the porch that said, "I would go BANANAS is you would go with me to Homecoming!" He called first to ask our permission to ask her, which I thought was very sweet. Anyway, it will be fun to help her find a dress and all the trimmings...and it's not Lane that I have to worry about being on the front porch with a shotgun...it's big bro Alex. I don't think he is ready for his little sis to be dating!

Her best friend's older sister just started a photography biz and did a photo shoot of Mariah and Carlee a few weeks ago. Take a look at them, I know I am biased, but they are SO BEAUTIFUL! I don't know how to insert a link so just go to the website. It is www.startinphoto.com click on CLIENTS and then Carlee & Mariah.

It is wierd to have kids old enough to date when it just was yesterday for me! How does that happen??

6 comments:

Kristen said...

okay she is gorgeous!!! the photographer is awesome! mariah's friend is darling!

Brenna said...

Lora told us all about this on Saturday and we were wondering how she was going to answer him. Hope she has a great time. Gorgeous pic!
~Christine

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your kids are growing up. I guess mine are too. :( She is a beautiful girl. Are you going on the date with them? :)
I LOVE that photography site! I'm in the middle of finding a photographer here and it's tough. Too bad we aren't down there. I'd definitely use her.

Amy said...

I am excited for both of you! She is so beautiful, Alex better have a shotgun ready!

Kristen said...

i am STILL dying at how beautiful mariah is each time i check your blog.

Taylor said...

I am so excited for you Mariah! I hope you have a Fun time at Homecoming! I get to go next year, just not with a date.