Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grad Night





Well, last night was the big night. I was pretty proud of myself that I only got a little teary one time. It was just Lane and I and the three oldest kids and it was a really fun night. We went out to dinner first and then to the graduation...then after, out to a place called "Bahama Bucks" which has the BEST shaved ice you have ever had! (I know you are thinking...how good can shaved ice be??... but honestly it is very unique and SO SO good!)
Anyway, it was a really sentimental night and my stomach just had butterflies the whole time. I am so proud of Alex and for the great young man he has become.
Most of you know that I am not happy with the high school here at all, and so I could tell you about a few things that happened at Graduation that were so typical of Basha High...but to keep this on a positive note, I won't. You'll have to call me to get those details :)
Well, Alex's room looks like a nuclear bomb went off in there since he has everything all piled up to start packing tomorrow. He leaves on Sunday and then I can go in there with a leaf blower and get it all clean!
I am holding it together pretty good. Just have to get through Sunday.

4 comments:

Brenna said...

AWWWW! looks super fun Tara! Did you have the "Bahama Rama Mama"? I can't believe you hadn't been there before. It truly is the yummiest shaved ice you'll ever have. I am glad you wrote about this, since I was sound asleep when you came to get Lora. I tried to keep my eyes open, but I didn't make it.
~Christine

Tara said...

no, I didn't know what flavor to get so I just told the kid to make me something yummy. Whatever it was, it was good! Everyone was gone tonight except for me and the 2 little girls so I took them there and we all shared one. SO GOOD! I will have to try the one you mentioned. Thanks for watching Lora last night. She had fun as always!

Kristen said...

WOW! you must feel old! I can't even imagine being in that stage. it seems so far away but i know it is just around the corner. i will try to see alex before he heads up to college next week. love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I'm feeling old! Can't believe he's leaving home already. Is he excited? Let's get together sometime when you guys are in Idaho. Maybe we could meet in between somewhere.
My blog has moved here:
www.wenderful.com
Come visit it sometime.